Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mini Projects

I've worked on a couple of 'mini projects' this past week to keep me occupied.  We purchased a portable DVD player awhile back (the BEST money we've ever spent!!!) but we needed a carrying case for it so looking online I found this tutorial:  Make It and Love It Portable DVD Player Case Tutorial.  It turned out OK - the construction isn't great - it felt like some steps were a bit backwards (when you put the straps on and the flap, etc.) and the strap is super flimsy and doesn't feel very strong.  BUT, for an easy case and our needs, it should work great!
What do you think?
under construction - the back pocket

the finished product!
the pocket on the back for straps and cords
the tutorial has directions for a divider so if you have dual screens for the DVD players but I figure we can put DVD's in the 'extra section' of our case



I also made Ryleigh a pillowcase for a pillow for her crib!  I had a small pillow insert laying around and so I used three fat quarters to sew a super cute pillowcase!


No comments:

Post a Comment